Results of Annual General Meeting
31 July 2020
Highland Gold Mining Limited ("Highland Gold" or the "Company", AIM: HGM) today announces the results of its Annual General Meeting (“AGM”), which concluded today at 11.00 am local time at 26 New Street, St Helier, Jersey. This follows the AGM’s adjournment on 30 July 2020 to correct a clerical error and ensure a proper count of the voting by proxy, as per the Company’s previous announcement.
All of the ordinary resolutions brought before the AGM were passed. The voting on each resolution was as follows:
1. That the Directors' Report, Audited Financial Statements and the Auditors' Report for the year ended 31 December 2019 be received.
For: 99.99% Against: 0.01%
2. That Colin Belshaw, who retired by rotation as a Director of the Company, be re-elected.
For: 99.94% Against: 0.06%
3. That John Mann, who retired by rotation as a Director of the Company, be re-elected.
For: 97.11% Against: 2.89%
4. That Deborah Gudgeon, who retired as a Director of the Company, be re-elected.
For: 99.96% Against: 0.04%
5. That Ernst & Young LLP be re-elected as Auditors of the Company, to hold office until the conclusion of the next Annual General Meeting.
For: 99.56% Against: 0.44%
6. That the Directors be authorised to fix the Auditor’s remuneration
For: 99.96% Against: 0.04%
All of the special resolutions brought before the AGM failed to pass by the required 2/3 majority. The voting on each resolution was as follows:
7. That the new Articles of Association of the Company were approved and adopted as the Articles of Association of the Company, in substitution for and to the exclusion of all existing Articles of Association.
For: 59.33% Against: 40.67%
8. That the Directors be and they are hereby generally and unconditionally authorised to allot, grant options or warrants over, offer or otherwise deal with up to 33% of the authorised but unissued share capital of the Company at the date of the passing of this resolution to such persons at such times and on such terms as they think proper without first making an offer to each person who holds ordinary shares in the Company, such authority to expire at the conclusion of the annual general meeting of the Company in 2020, save that the Directors may, notwithstanding such expiry, allot any ordinary shares or grant such rights under this authority in pursuance of any offer or agreement to do so made by the Company before the expiry of this authority.
For: 58.88% Against: 41.12%
The percentage of votes cast was 68%.
The Audited Financial Statements for the year ended 31 December 2019 were sent to shareholders on 20 May 2020 and are available on the Company's website at www.highlandgold.com.
FOR FURTHER INFORMATION PLEASE CONTACT:
Highland Gold Mining Ltd.
John Mann, Head of Communications
+ 7 495 424 95 21
Duncan Baxter, Non-Executive Director
+ 44 (0) 1534 814 202
Numis Securities Limited
(Nominated Adviser and Joint Broker)
Paul Gillam, James Black
+44 (0) 207 260 1000
BMO Capital Markets Limited
Tom Rider, Pascal Lussier Duquette, Neil Elliot
+44 (0) 207 236 1010
Peat & Co
+44 (0) 207 104 2334